HEALTHY SCHOOL PROCEDURES
Our school’s staff and families work together to ensure our school environment remains a safe and healthy place for children and staff including:
Healthy Staff and Children
All staff and children will have their temperature checked three times a day. Once when entering, lunch time, and afternoon.
- Monthly COVID-19 testing for all staff.
- No staff, child, or parent may come to school if they are feeling sick. No one should enter the school if you or your child has a fever or has had a fever in the last 24 hrs. or has a cough. (Show Details)
- Everyone is required to wear a face covering while working or visiting our preschool.
- For onsite students, if your child has a face covering, we would like to encourage them to bring and wear it in school as part of our efforts to maintain a healthy and safe environment for all. If you do not have a face covering we will provide one for your child if you would like your child to wear one. (It is not mandatory that children under 6 wear face coverings.) If you do not wish to have your child wear a face covering please write a note to inform your child’s teacher.
- We are encouraging children to wear face shields outside during playground time.
- We will be practicing social distancing as much as possible but understand that is difficult for young children.
There will be hourly and daily cleaning and sanitizing regime of materials and frequently touched surfaces.
- Shelves, door handles, bathrooms, and water carts among other things will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Professional companies regularly disinfect school facilities.
Classroom and Child’s Materials 教室和教具要求
Each child will have a cubby for their own work rug and a pencil box/bag that you provide (that should include pencils, crayons, colored pencils, eraser, glue sticks, and scissors) for their personal use only. They will also have a cubby for extra clothing and bedding boxes.
- Each week, parents will be asked to take their child’s pencil box, bedding box, lunch mat, work rug, and hat home for cleaning.
- Each child will have their own clean and labeled shelf with specially set up Montessori teaching materials and jobs for them to use throughout the week. Each week the staff will deep clean and sanitize and set up new materials and jobs for each child. The Montessori materials on the personally set up shelf will include jobs from each of the areas of the classroom – Practical Life, Language, Math, Sensorial, Culture/ Geography.